1. Someonethatshouldofgotapproved says:

I have spent the whole weekend crying…. Of course I was denied, my judge was Colon. I don’t know what to do, it’s disgusting to know there are so many out there claiming and abusing the system
    Totally disregarded my Drs info and gave heavy weight to the state dr I saw for all of 10 minutes, furthermore she threw in some total bs for good measure. Can someone explain how the woman still has a job and why with so many complaints she is not being investigated? She needs to be disbarred.

Judge colon was not cold at all I felt very at ease in her court room my Attorney presented the facts and Judge agreed thank you Judge colon for being fair

I had this same judge. I thought it unusual she would ask through which employer I collected unemployment, what I like to read, why I cancelled my appointments with Vocational Rehabilitation and who scheduled my mental health appointments. Those questions, in my opinion, had nothing to do with my disabilities…maybe she rationalized if I was able to do those things, I could work. There’s a huge difference between being able to function at home and in the outside world. I don’t work well with others. Haven’t received my decision yet but was told by my attorney it could take up to 6 months to receive, which is due to the slow processing of the staff, not the judge. So, I just have to wait it out…by the time I receive a decision, I will be homeless. And, BTW…who cares if the Judges see the posts on this website?

This judge is the worst. She has the heart of a sociopath. But she writes stone clad decisions even if she’s making up her own facts.

We were very unhappy with Judge Colon. Besides waiting 6 1/2 months after the hearing for a decision, that was nothing. We were told afterward by my husbands attorney that she only goes for mentally ill claimants. My husband has been sick for a long time but did not apply for SSD right away because he was trying to get better but only got much worse. He has severe depression and anxiety, neck and back injuries, neuropthy throughout his body, vision problems, can’t stand or sit for long without a lot of pain and very bad swelling in his feet and ankles up his legs with his legs getting bright red, early stage 4 kidney disease, heart disease, chronic kidney stones, passes out for unknown reasons and trouble breathing, he has oxygen. He was denied, even after the VE said he could not perform any of the job duties and would be fired. He said this on every job that was brought up. He has like 5 different specialists that he sees aside from his primary doctor. I am to the point that I don’t know how sick someone has to be to get approved. She is being discriminating against the people that are not mentally ill. For the one person that is for her, yes people would be happy if they won, but there are plenty of people out there including my husband that are truly sick & would love to work and can’t due to his illnesses. He has the documentation of everything and all his doctors don’t understand why he has not been approved. That he should absolutely be on it. Something needs to be done about Judge’s doing this to people.

This judge is often cold, and disconnected from the claimants. She will interrupt you, she will cut you off, she will ask about miniscule things in your clients’ records and use them against you in your denial. She has misapplied the law/facts in several of my cases, and has been appealed.

7. Beside Myself... NOT FAIR says:

I was turned down as well. I have told this story so many times it makes me want to vomit. I would like to know how to contact the persons on this site. I feel for all of you as well as myself. I was represented by an attorney and they dropped me after she turned me down. I appealed myself to the council in Falls Church, VA on 7/11/14. I still have not heard from them. Yes, Feeling Forsaken, she did the same thing to me as well. The vocational expert said I was not able to perform my past work and she managed to find some loop hole… there isn’t one. She is the most feared Judge in the area. If anyone wants to contact me feel free… I am beside myself! We need to do something!

8. ANGRY says:

I thought the coldness I felt during my hearing was just me, overreacting! I had notes from Doctors stating Iam disabled, I have multiple conditions i will have for the rest of my life. I was given an unfavorable decision and it hurt! Judge Colons notes even stated just because someone seems sincere, wow so I am faking 4 years of pain and mental issues. The biggest problem I have with this is how can a Judge override what a Doctor or ARNP has written and say it isn’t so! Who has hurt this woman? I sat there and just shook my head, even as she sighed and rolled her eyes I kept my cool. I am so disheartened in this system, I have lost faith in this process. I have always treated others with respect and kindness and worked my butt off, now I cant get the help I deserve? Please pray for me and my family as I appeal this decision again. The twisting of the medical records and ignoring recent records and advice of Physicians is just unbelievable. How has she gotten away with this for so long? RED FLAGS ALL OVER THE PLACE!Feeling down and out!!!!! SUCKS!!!

No judge is above the law. Based on everything I have read, researched and personally experienced concerning Arlene Colon, it is very concerning that she is demonstrating a bias toward SSD applicants. The link I have copied and pasted below will provide everyone with the information they need on how to handle any Bias or misconduct they have undergone by this judge. The Division of Quality Services in Falls Church Virginia has the authortiy to investigate and take the necessary action concerning bias or misconduct by any Administrative Law Judge. We have all seen what one person can do with the recent events that surrounded the mistreatement of our Veterans by the VA and it is becoming obvious that the SSA and many Adimistrative law Judges are refusing to abide by the guidlines that the judges are bound to adhere to when making a decision. Judge Colon’s approval rating of 21% is nearly 30% below those of her fellow judges at the St. Pete ALJ and 23% below the national average. This in itself is a cause for concern. Statistics do not lie and we can clearly see that based on these statistics along with the voluminous testimonies concerning Judge Colon, it is now time that we become pro-active and take a stand. Many people are afraid to report the actions of a judge or believe that there is no overseeing authority. The link below will show all of you that this is not the case. Let us also not forget the power of the media and what it did for our hero veterans who also suffered injustices which regrettably resulted in several of our heroes dying.

After 15 minutes, recused herself. After reading the above negative comments, perhaps I am lucky. She did seem very cold, interrupted me often and robot-like.