Dan R Hyatt, Tacoma , Washington Odar Office, Administrative Law Judge
For the 2010 *fiscal year, Judge Dan R Hyatt has disposed 453 cases at the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) in PORTLAND OR, OREGON. Out of those 453 dispostions, 58 were dismissed, 275 were approved and 120 were denied. This means that the percentage of depositions that Judge Dan R Hyatt has approved in PORTLAND OR for the 2010 fiscal year is 16%. The information below for Judge Dan R Hyatt was last updated on 12/01/2022.
|Dan R Hyatt||No Stats for FY2011|
|All ALJs in PORTLAND OR||19%||45%||35%|
|All ALJs in OREGON||19%||43%||37%|
|All ALJs in the Nation||18%||45%||38%|
CAN YOU HELP ME IVE TRIED AND TRIED TO WORK I KEEP INJURYING MY BODY ALL MY DOCTORS ASK ME WHY IM NOT GETTING MY SSDI!!! I TELL THEM SS SENDS ME TO THERE PUPPET DOCTORS WICH TOTALLY DISMISS WHAT THE TOTAL COCENUSS OF MY DOCTORS. THE LAST SSDI DOCTOR I WAS SENT WOILD NOT LET MY DUAGHTER IN TO WITTNESS THE EXAM. THE SSDI DOCTOR TO HURT ME TWICE THE FIRST TIME I TOLD NO DONOT HURT ME AGAN “TOUGHEN UP” HE SAID (SSDI DOCTOR)HE HURT ME AGAN I GOT UP AND STARTED TO WALK OUT AND TOLD THE DOCTOR ITS BETTER I LEAVE THAN TO HURT YOU AND I LEFT I REPORTED THIS TO SSDI NOTHING WAS DONE NO FALLOW UP OR ANYTHING.
MY QUALITY OF LIFE WITH NO ACTIVETY POOR ENOUGH. MY LAST DENILE WAS A BUNCH JIBBEROUS!!!!!! IF THERE IS ANY GOOD LEFT IN THIS PLEASE HELP
Just wanted to say that after reading all the negative stuff about judge Hyatt, I was terrified to go to hearing. Anyway, the first hearing, my lawyer got us kicked of within five minutes, so the judge rescheduled me. My second hearing we had a snow storm and i was having a bad panic attack so i was late. Judge Hyatt could have easily dismissed my case for that but he didn’t, he rescheduled me yet again. I went to this hearing and everything went well. He apologized for everything taking so long and was a very nice person. So i just want anyone who has a hearing with Judge Hyatt to please dont pay to much attention to the negative comments. He was very proffessional and helpful. If all those comments were true i dont’t think he would be allowed to be a judge. Thank you Judge Hyatt for being patient with me and giving me the chance to have you hear my case.
Reading through these comments it is very apparent that The Judge’s page has been “spammed” with negative comments. This is probably the action of one Daniel A Bernath, a shady “attorney” who was denied clearance to practice state law by the Oregon Bar due to “low moral Character” while an attorney while a member of the California State Bar, due to failure to support his children, forging and cashing his clients checks without their knowledge and destroying his legal files. This same Bernath crashed his private plane due to him not putting gas in it, and is now trying to sue several companies for millions of dollars because ” he wasn’t informed” that the plane could have problems with little or no fuel.
He has published a long boring list of accomplishments that are emblellished or unverifible. He claims to be a 90% disabled PTSD from Vietnam, while his service consisted of being a photographer aboard a ship. He photo shopped his face on the picture of a Navy Chief Petty Officer and says he was made an “honorary CPO” when that title can only be given by the US Navy.
In summarizing I am posting this to simply ask that the people who want a review of Judge Hyatt disregard the negative posts by Bernath and his sock-puppets. A simple google search will link you to news articles that give a balanced account of the interaction between Bernath and Judge Hyatt.
As a side note I am also a retired veteran who draws a 100% VA pension and SSDI, so I understand the concerns of anyone going through the process.
Whoever said Dan Hyatt is “kind” must be related to him.
Well, the good news about losing a case is that you have one more appeal then you get to cost the U.S. Government big money as you take your case to Federal Court. I would recomend that those doing so carefully review the transcript and also get an audio copy. If you can prove malice, you can get the sky’s the limit money when you sue. I have known that some of these Judges disregard medical reports and statements without providing an opposing professional opinion. Nice kangeroo court tactic.
Hey Dan. Remember when you threw my disabled client and I out of the Disney style SSA “courtroom” and you said to me “haa haa. So what are you going to do about it?”
Dan R Hyatt, admin law judge attacks helpless lawyer on crutches.
Sworn declaration for Restraining Order issued against Dan R Hyatt.
During my hearing on March 31, 2010 the administrative law judge wore a black robe and sat elevated from me. The judge was Riley Atkins and he had curly black hair.
2. He said to my lawyer “this is a case only about whether or not the time period is up and extension. I rule that she is past that time and therefore I will rule against her. As that is the only thing we are here for I will not take evidence about her disability.”
3. My lawyer said, “Wait, let’s not go so fast. Let me see the Notice. I didn’t get a copy”
4. Atkins said, “You had the chance to look at it before. Did you make an appointment to come and see the file?”
5. My lawyer said, “No, let me look at it now.”
6. Atkins then handed it to my lawyer (by handing it first to the vocational expert).
7. After my lawyer read of the file and his long discussion with the judge my lawyer turned to me and said, “claimant…”
8. The judge interrupted my lawyer and said, “Show some decorum. Her name is Mrs. Johnston.” My lawyer said that he was making the record clear after the long discussion with the judge so the record would know that he has stopped talking to the judge and was now talking to me, the Claimant.
9. My lawyer read to himself, the Notice and my Request for Hearing before an ALJ. He then asked me some questions and then the ALJ interrupted him again to stop him before my lawyer could complete what he was doing.
10. My lawyer said that he was not “going to close any doors” and that he believed that because of my mental condition that there was “good cause” to extend any deadlines and to deem the Request for Hearing to be a new application at the very least. (That was what I believed I had been doing when I wrote the Request for a Hearing-requesting a new application).
11. My lawyer refused to give up any of my rights and demanded that I be approved to be back on disability today.
12. The judge said the case wasn’t “worked up” and some other things.
13. The judge then said to me, “madam you have to go to the field office and file a new application.”
14. My lawyer said, “She should take advice from her lawyer and not from the guy who is throwing her out of court.”
15. Atkins then said, “Ma’am you should file a new application in Beaverton…”
16. My lawyer then said “Don’t give my client legal advise. I’ve already instructed you on that once. It isn’t your role.”
17. At all times my lawyer acted calm, professional and civil. If he didn’t act that way then I would have had to flee him (because of my severe mental illness). My lawyer acted calm, quiet, professional and civil at all times and that was how I could attend the stressful hearing.
18. My lawyer was not loud or argumentative. He made his objection heard and then made it again as I expect a lawyer to do in a courtroom setting.
19. My lawyer at no time was threatening or intimidating.
20. I then went into the lobby of ODAR with my lawyer where my husband was sitting. My lawyer Daniel A. Bernath looked at my husband and I and said, “let’s get out of here and we’ll talk outside.”
21. Dan then led the way, holding his black cane/crutch in his right hand, pulling his big box of books with wheels with his right hand and wearing a homburg hat. He was looking very dashing.
22. Dan was leading. My husband was following him and I was following my husband when we turned the corner to the elevator lobby of the 4th floor.
23. I saw an old short man wearing a brown colored outfit in blue jeans with silver hair already inside an elevator. Except for him the elevator was empty.
24. When we approached the elevator to get in, the old man quickly ran forward from the back of the elevator and stood at the front of the elevator and shouted “No” “You’re not riding on that elevator” “No”!
25. The old man alone in the elevator was very belligerent and confrontational.
26. My lawyer did not enter the elevator because the old man blocked him.
27. My lawyer never said a word to the old man.
28. The man then bumped my lawyer with his chest.
29. I saw my lawyer kind-of step back from the force of the blow but my lawyer couldn’t back up because the wheels of the box stopped him and there was me and about 4 people trying to get on the elevator and they were right behind him.
30. The man then hit my lawyer a second time but this time with much more power and with his chest and his stomach this time.
31. My lawyer had to work to get his balance after being knocked off his feet.
32. The man then said “call the police. I want him arrested for assault. He just bumped me.”
33. My husband Roman Johnston said in a quiet voice, “no he didn’t. You bumped him.”
34. The man then got a very wild look on his face and was very aggressive and said to Roman, “what’s your name!”
35. The man alone in the elevator became even more aggressive and offensive. He had a very wild look in his eyes.
36. That was the only time my lawyer spoke and he gave legal advice to his client Roman and said, “Don’t answer that.”
37. The security guards came.
38. That man was taken around the corner away from us. I later found out that the old man’s name is Dan R. Hyatt.
39. At no time did my lawyer’s hands leave the box handle or his cane/crutch. At no time did his cane/crutch or box leave the floor. At no time did my lawyer come in contact with that man except when that man hit my lawyer with first his chest and then with his stomach and his chest to knock my lawyer on the floor or back. No part of my lawyer’s body entered the elevator. Dan R. Hyatt used his chest and stomach to repeatedly batter my lawyer who stood out in the hallway.
40. Hyatt didn’t want my lawyer in that elevator at all even though it was completely empty and even though there were 3 to 4 elevators on one side and 3 to 4 elevators on the other side of the hallway.
41. The security guards came and blocked us from leaving and my lawyer asked “am I under arrest” and they said “no but you can’t leave.” He said “then I’m leaving now” and tried to push the button for an elevator but they blocked him from leaving.
42. The federal police came and they roughly grabbed my lawyer’s hands behind him and put handcuffs on him. As they were leading him back to the Social Security Court with his hands tightly cuffed behind him I heard my lawyer say to them “on advice of counsel I have nothing to say.”
43. The federal police asked me if I saw what happened. They took my license information but didn’t write down what I was saying. There was a second policeman and when they confirmed that I had made a statement then said I could leave (but could not talk to my lawyer).
44. I haven’t left my house since that traumatic event in watching my lawyer get assaulted and battered and arrested nearly a week ago.
45. Seeing your lawyer get arrested is like seeing your Father get arrested and hauled away. I trust my lawyer and it was all extremely traumatic to me to see my lawyer get beaten and then get arrested and handcuffed and taken away to who-knows-where.
46. I am going to meet with my doctor so I can discuss the severe trauma I have suffered because I watched my lawyer get assaulted and battered by Hyatt and then arrested by 3 or 4 very large policemen.
Roman J (who witnessed all except for the courtroom events)
Allegation that Dan R. Hyatt
rules against claimants if he thinks their lawyers are “a*******”,
rules against claimants if they don’t have lawyers,
has “trouble with interracial couples”,
masquerades as a US District Court Judge,
allegations that Dan R. Hyatt repeatedly lies,
involved in theft of US Government property,
allegation of criminal coercion and conspiracy
letter to Chief Judge regarding local social security “judge” Dan Hyatt and attorney Paula Martin. ALJ Hyatt goes off the record and says he will never approve claimant no matter what the medical evidence says. Oregonn State Bar member, attorney Paula Martin does nothing about this abuse of authority by Oregon State Bar member and “Judge” Dan Hyatt. Claimant goes off to commit suicide because of the abuse of authority by Dan Hyatt and cowardice of Oregon attorney Paula Martin. Read the complaint letter;
Daniel Bernath “my true representative”
Oregon attorney Paula Martin abused me.
click on letter to make it bigger
horribly abused by Oregon Bar Member and SSA judge Dan Hyatt. Gutless Paula Martin, “oh we don’t want to upset him”.
Paula M Martin
Marla Heikkala & Associates
PO Box 61749
Vancouver WA 98666
SSA ALJ Dan Hyatt in Vancouver sat under great seal fraudulently stating that he was a US District Court judge
“Judge” Hyatt says OFF THE RECORD that he will never rule in claimant’s favor no matter what the evidence says.
Oregon attorney Paula Martin says and does NOTHING. click on letter to make it bigger
Client tries to state on the record that “judge” Dan Hyatt has just stated he will violate his oath of office but “judge” Dan Hyatt and Oregon attorney Paula Martin shut her up. “evidence didn’t matter to ‘judge’ Hyatt and Paula Martin just let it happen.”
Because of the abuse of power by ‘judge” Dan Hyatt and malfeasance by Oregon attorney Paula Martin “I drove to the ocean…to kill myself” click on letter to make it bigger
Signature “sorry, I am still shaking) a year later.
Social Security “Judge” Dan Hyatt violated Social Security rules by stating, “you’ll never win this case not matter what the evidence” OFF THE RECORD and not summarizing it on the record so the appeals court could read it. “Attorney” Paula Martin did not do her duty by insisting that “judge” Hyatt state on the record what he had just said and by not summarizing it on the record herself.
Hyatt said he will “never put you on disability no matter what the evidence says.”
Hyatt said “I have trouble with interracial couples.”
Hyatt attacked a lawyer on crutches.
Read it here: http://www.aspecialdayguide.com/shyster
Cartoon of Dan Hyatt attacking the lawyer on crutches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5ebDHHxJk
Judge Hyatt is the kindest ALJ I have ever met. He is truly a compassionate Judge who takes a wholistic approach when holding his hearings. He doesn’t just deny or allow benefits he tries to make sure claimants needs are met emotionally, physically, medically, and mental health care! The hog wash others spread about Judge Hyatt is just lies spread by terrible attorneys who don’t like his rulings!!