Extremely unfair and rude judge!. He ignored my solid medical evidence and completely disregarded what my own doctor has said. Idk how he even passed the bar! Terrible judge! -0/10

2. Carol says:

Worst disability judge out there,very unfair! Ignored my son’s doctors evidence that proves he should be on disability..and the doctor has been treating my son for over 10 years! He is so wrong on every level..doesn’t even deserve one star!

3. SB says:

UNFAIR JUDGE. After my husband’s lawyer showed him all the evidence for my husband’s case…16 herniated discs, thorn rotator cuffs, edema in both legs, 2 leaky heart valves and a myriad of other illnesses where he cannot stand for more than 10 minutes, Jerk Judge Hilton R. Miller maid up his mind that my husband could still work at a limited capacity and gave my husband the unfavorable decision. That’s what you get for paying into social security all your life? Why pay if you can’t get it when you most need? There was evidence from all doctors stating my husband can no longer work. Judge Miller is a rude, inconsiderate man and I hope he’ll rot in hell.

November of 2016 my lawyer and I had this judge for my disability determination. I was not just impressed by him but everything I was scared of with a judge and everything that went on in this 30 minute court hearing —> he presided over fairly: while trying to get the medical opinion of records the doctor testifying….but we had a small hiccup. the guy hadn’t read it. he had not even opened them because i was, in the end, declared disabled over the first TWO things in the medical record.

which I — specifically — from the start of the application process listed them together and at first & on purpose so that any doctor reading it would quickly understand my health is rare and complex. which it is. my disorder is very rare.

the doctor testifying hadn’t read my medical records and that quickly became clear (it’s 1500 pages – literally but it’s also his job.) But after he read the first TWO diagnoses things the judge asked him if there was any way I’d be able to work, in any way. (note: they’re required to ask this as that’s what this is about.)

in the middle of the doctor trying to play catch up (he had to be asked 3 times and it seemed clear he seemed to be scrambling to read through my list of over 70 diagnosed things.) the Judge did something I did not expect: He asked me what my day to day was like. I explained “IF i can -> i might go to the store but mostly I am stuck in bed. It is very hard for me. i only go to the doctor, the pharmacy or the hospital.” he cut me off somewhere in there but that was ok —> it was clear to me he’d gotten the picture and really we were both just buying time so the doc could find whatever he needed to answer the judges 1 question: can i work? (in any way, full time or part time with any sort of disability adjustments?)

ultimately the doc said, that “I don’t see how with the *second diagnosis listed* transposed over the *first diagnosis*”

then, my lawyer pointed out some things in my medical record that automatically qualified me for disability.

If your lawyer does his job and scours your whole record looking for blue book listings and your judge is fair like Judge Miller —> it doesn’t matter even IF the medical expert doesn’t read your chart like he’s supposed to.

Judge Miller cared about the truth, he did cut me off once but only because he’d gotten the gist of what I was telling him. it wasn’t rudely. we were really just biding time waiting on the doctor.

Judge Miller was fair, kind enough (not what i was so scared of which was someone mean), and within 30 minutes my lawyer and I was fully approved for disability ssi.

5. DS says:

I had Judge Miller today for the second time. After reading all the negative comments I felt I would share my experience. As o stated this is my second hearing with him. Although he denied me I will be fair and say he wasn’t a bad judge like so many stated. He gave me his full attention and he was respectful to me. That’s my personal opinion in regards to the way he handled the case. Of course I wish it went my way I can’t knock him for the way I was treated.

6. DS says: