3 based on 2 reviews

Very abusive lady should not be on bench.

She is a alcoholic and takes it out on rest of the world.

Are there negative numbers like -10 to describe her.

Worst judge hands down anywhere in any court,not just social security.Is the most confrontational ,ill-manner person you will ever meet.Asks stupid irrelevant questions and has no empathy towards anyone,regardless of how sad their situation may be.Yelled at a claimant who had an operated brain tumor because she struggled to express herself concisely enough.Has no regards to any standards of decency or civility.

To say you tried and worked in front of this judge she will chew your *** out. Told her i tried to work and it didn`t go good. She told me if i thought i was disabled why did i try to work ? Feeling of self worth and seeing if i could. She shouldn`t be on bench at all something is wrong with her. I`m no expert but i have seen people that are not stable and she is on top of the list. I understand everyone coming in front of her does not qualify for benefits, but she takes her hearing to a whole another level. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go in front of this person. You can be good at your job but her disrespecting of people who go in front of her is not called for. She had me in tears and chewed up my lawyer and made her look bad. I think about ending my life everyday cause of what i go threw and that day almost pushed me over the edge.But i believe life will get better in time and pray every night for happiness and just having one good day a week helps me make it thru the week. I will never say a prayer for this women she needs to step down and go home to kick her dog. Sorry for post but i had to vent some how. Good luck for anyone who goes in front of this mean person.

She is quite possibly the worst judge in the country. She has no heart and no soul. The administration and everyone affiliated should be embarrassed that so many have been denied without having a full and fair hearing. I wonder how many who would normally be found disabled in front of most average judges have died as a result of her intentional disregard for the law.

The Honorable Judge Pappenfus presided over my case over a year ago. While I did not enter into the hearing with any expectations of the Judge being amiable, neither did I expect the disdain in which I was treated. But despite leaving the hearing near tears, I left choosing to believe that she was not a pernicious person at heart, but that she might possibly be having such a serious cause of concern in her private life so that her attentions might have been elsewhere. And as such, I earnestly prayed for her and her family. And while she did not award a favourable decision (and based in part on her complete and utter lack of regard to my physicians statements, the Federal Courts have since ruled to remand my case back to the ALJ for review, and in a different city this time), I continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Regardless of all that I’ve read, I still refuse to believe that she is a bad person. And for those who have suffered her disapproval and your cases end up getting remanded, look on the bright side…your next ALJ can’t be any worse. 🙂

I have been very close to walking out of the hearing office with her due to her abusive and ignorant behavior. I personally know of two or three reps who actually did.

This judge is the worst judge I have ever appeared before including State and Federal courts. I have represented claimants in over 1,000 hearings from the west coast to the east coast and she is hands down the worst judge I have ever had the unfortunate privilege to have appeared before. She is rude, mean, crude, abusive, insensitive, and worst of all ignorant as to the applicable laws, rules and regulations. It is impossible to prepare your client to appear before this ALJ because she treats the attorneys just as horribly as the claimants. Multiple complaints have been filed with Creve Coeur ODAR, Social Security and the Chief Judge all to no avail. She requests claimants obtain information that is not relevant to their case and constantly continues hearings to obtain information that does not exist for a particular claim all to just deny the case in the end. DO NOT give up on your good claim just move closer to downtown St. Louis to get out of the Creve Coeur jurisdiction OR to another state.

Totally agree. She is the worst ALJ in the state and among the worst in the country. Unfortunately, despite her obvious bias she will continue to prey on the weak and disabled. SSA is only interested in punishing the ALJ’s who they believe are paying too many claims.