1. Tracy Lambert says:

He spoke to me as if I was a spoiled princess. Very arrogant. I have continued having surgeries since he denied me benefits twice! It unfair that he would have a doctor from Texas or Arizona call in after looking at my records and that doctor determined that there was not enough evidence , also a vocational guilty finds a job that does not exist in my area based on my retail job back in 1998. This hearing for disability was in 2018. to

2. Attorney Representative CA says:

I am an attorney representative who has appeared before dozens of judges throughout California and have appeared before this judge several times. Unfortunately, the comments that describe he lacks professionalism and general courtesy in treating claimants and representatives professionally (whether he agrees or disagrees with the strength of the claimant’s case) are true in my experience. This is something that judges are bound to exercise and demonstrate pursuant to the model code of judicial conduct; Joseph Schloss however does not abide by those canons when he is frustrated or opines the case is not a strong one. Again, this is a fair comment based on my experience as a lawyer having appeared before numerous judges throughout California.

I went to see him on 2/20/18. He automatically decided that just because I haven’t had any seizures in nearly 6 years that I am well enough to work. He also dismissed the fact that even though I was on the CPAP for sleep apnea, my PCP noted I was on it for smoking cessation. I never smoked a day in my life. When I stated that I was still on in because I may die in my sleep, he said, “Well, you’re not dead, so why are you still on the CPAP?” I pray that there is no one else who gets this judge when they appeal.

4. Christopher Kalt says:

Judge Schloss heard my case this past August 1st, 2017. I was very pleased by is professionalism. He is definitely a “no nonsense” kind of guy who bases his decisions on evidence and logic. My hearing was short and to the point. He asked questions and I answered them. He was pleasant, friendly, and noticed my long work history (16 years on my last job). I really appreciate him acknowledging that. When my hearing was over (approximately 15 minutes) Judge Schloss wished me well. I have to admit, I was terrified when I walked in to that hearing room, but my fears were soon forgotten within a few minutes of starting the procedure.

5. attyrep says:

As an attorney rep, it is my experience having appeared before Judge Schloss that he is a fair and empathetic judge. His demeanor may be perceived as a bit ‘gruff’ but from a judge’s perspective (especially with attorney representation) hearings really should get down to the issues and legal theory being presented to show CL meets the definition of disability.

I have appeared before him several times as a representative and I have always had a good experience. I do not feel that he has discriminated against any of my claimants as claimed by the other comments, and I have represented a wide variety of people. If you do not understand the Social Security administration’s regulations for disability and the five step sequential evaluation then you should not be going into a hearing without an attorney.

7. De says:

This judge and I use the term loosely, staight up lie in the brief that I was sent. He had me having an anurism and off work almost 10 years before my accident happened. Either he can’t read or someone else did the review of my case because the majority of the stuff he put in the fact finding brief was NOT me. SMH

8. This judge is a bigot says:

This is not a judge. He is rude, disrespectful and has a serious God complex. He rolled his eyes and cut me off everytime i spoke. He would twist my words and everything i would say. In the decision paperwork my disability was stated as severe, but the “judge” said he did not agree with the fact i met all the requirements! How is this justice and right!

9. Kenneth Cameron says:

Fix the SSD office and hire honest judges. Judges that state the truth. I received the letter of decision which was full of #’#’#, let’s just say I would rather read something that stated the truth.

10. Kenneth Cameron says:

I am a Med. Ret. Service-connected Veteran with a VA rating of 90% disabiled and 100% unemployable. But this cat thinks he knows more than the medical people and denies my case. Can I see your License in Medicine? And don’t they need to be honest?