1. Bob says:

Jones is such a psychopath he reviews himself on sights like this.
    A true sicko.
    He should not be allowed to judge a dog show let alone someone’s life.

2. matt says:

This judge is a racis and he has no business handleing cases

Judge Jones is a horrible judge. He was very condescending and rude. He was the Judge for my husband’s case. My husband was born with coalitions in his feet 3 sets in each foot. He didnt know anything about these issues until 3 years ago when started having severe pain when walking. He had surgery on both feet in which they broke apart the fused bones, scraped out the arthritis, lengthened the Achilles tendon to create an arch, and left 2 screws and each heel. Recovery was 6mo per foot. He tried going back to work and they sent him home as he cant stand or walk for more than 15 minutes without severe pain. He has been through physical therapy only to end after the insurance 30 day yearly allotment comes to an end. Following the second surgery my husband ended up with blood clots and was life flighted to a large hospital 1.5 hours from home. He almost died. He spent a week in ICU and had 3 surgery’s to remove the blood clots. A year later my husband went through a very dark depression and attempted suicide. He is only alive by God’s will. I should not have returned home from work that morning to find him (power was out and I was sent home and found him) he spent a week in the mental hospital. My husband also has edema ( I think that is how it is spelled he retains water in his legs, so if you push on his leg it actually stays indented for a long while). My husband’s dr says he is disabled. He has tried to find work through MRS ( Michigan Rehabilitation Services) they were not able to find him a job in Michigan, Indiana, or Ohio. The disability Dr said he needs disability and should be approved. Yet, this judge denied him. During his hearing, I was not allowed in until I was able to be questioned. My husband and I were not allowed to say he cant or couldn’t do something; the judge said it isn’t that he cant it is that he wont. We were also not allowed saying that he was in pain as we are not doctors so we dont know what pain is. The judge had his mind made up before even meeting with us. He wrote up his denial letter stating that my husband is disabled but not until he is 50 which is 6 years from now. My husband work credits run out in 4 years. Our lawyer said this judge is the worst in the State of Michigan and 16th worst in the country. We recieved a denial letter less than 2 weeks after our hearing. Meanwhile, we are struggling to keep afloat as I am the only income in a house with 2 children. My husband cant walk. It is very painful for him. Our entire lifestyle has changed because of his disability. When he lost his job because of this issue we lost 2/3 of our income. We have blown through all of our savings. We have used all of our retirement money we had saved, taking penalties to Withdrawl the funds early. I make too much money for our household to get any assistance from the state. We have maxed out CC thinking my husband was going to be able to go back to work and we would be able to pay these cards back down. We have had a vehicle repoed as we could no longer afford to keep it. Our good credit scores have dropped and we are now on the verge of having to file for bankruptcy. All I can say is this judge needs to be removed from this position. He is not fit to sit on that bench and judge anyone as he doesn’t look at the truth behind the situation.

4. Cheryl says:

I want to say I am extremely happy with Judge Paul Jones. Many may complain but when you are honest he is going to truly be fair… Please respect the judges and be prepared as well

5. Frankie says:

Went in front of this judge twice. The first time he only asked what my spouse did for a living and did I currently have health insurance. He complained to my attorney that I had too many medical records. I received a two-page denial that talked about how I couldn’t do my job due to my physical impairments, then said I had no impairments so I was denied at step two. SSA voluntarily remanded the case.

He was extremely condescending and rude at the second hearing. He started out with saying I was wasting his time because he’d already heard this case. Also, my date last insured had passed; he required me to state “back then, during the relevant time period” before every single sentence. I missed one, and he jumped on me and said we weren’t talking about present day. I asked if he needed me to repeat what I said with that sentence tacked on to the front. He said if I didn’t he would assume it was irrelevant to my case. I was a basket case by the end of that interrogation.

I received an almost identical-to-the-first denial about a week after the hearing.

6. CHRISTIAN CHARLES OTTO says:

Since first handling my case the only thing this person has been is dishonest. In the beginning he attempted to stave off my hearing in a variety of ways including claiming he hadn’t had a chance to read documents then blaming it on staff and that there was missing documentation, this is not true, every possible shred of relevant medical records were turned in. I then filed a complaint with the office manager Nicole, and informed her of this and she said, “I’ll be sure to tell the judge that.”. At my hearing 2 months later Jones wasted 37 minutes on irrelevant conversation regarding the purpose of “false mall walls” and the physics involved in manually moving a 50 gallon drum of flammable viscous liquid. He then proceeded to badger me with the same irrelevant question over and again, then ultimately raised his voice at me, pushing me into a full blown anxiety attack rendering me unable to complete my testimony. An hour of my life wasted on an abusive, arrogant, condescending person who has been spoon fed his life from a silver platter and got his position through his family connections (unfiltered web access can provide a wealth of information). Considering he makes near $200,000 a year (in the top 10 percentile of all government employees) with an average of $9,000 a year in raises since taking his current position (public information available online), people need to wake up and start fighting back, that is taxpayer money in his pocket, he works for us. In my denial letter he misrepresented not only my testimony, but medical records and the vocational experts testimony. More dishonesty. I recorded the hearing, there is no way he can deny this. I now have a gentleman in a brand new 2017 (2016?) Dark charcoal grey 4 door sedan following me around taking pictures of me. I could be wrong but I could have sworn it was him, I have video and photographs to back this up. Considering there are 18 security cameras in my complex, the fact that this and another vehicle have been drawing attention to the neighborhood watch program (they thought they were drug dealers), by the end of this week I will have the past couple of months sifted through by myself and the housing director (a police report has been filed) to identify said driver of vehicle better with and obtain clearer images. I suppose this is an effort to dredge up intelligence on whether or not I am working or some other nonsense… it’s only fraudulent if you lie, which is something I have not done and I never do, these subjects will be discussed at my next hearing along with extensive medical documentation as to any situation the SSA or this judge deems it necessary to have me followed and my privacy ruined. I feel this is simply another attempt at staving off my disability claim with some kind of Perry Mason drama, I am not a criminal and have not hidden a single thing from the SSA. Even though I was not given the opportunity to present my case in January this is not the forum to address that particular battle. Something else to think about: There are at least 2 comments on this page that REALLY don’t add up…1/25/2016: why would an “anonymous” person give arbitrary advice on “…(not) using a cane unless you use it 100% of the time”? I find this odd as it appears 1 week after my hearing, I am prescribed a cane for 2 different reasons and do not use it all the time, only as needed since it causes the neuropathy in my right hand to act up and discomfort in my right elbow as well, due to a reconstructed left hand, holding a cane on that side is problematic and painful at times. If you are prescribed a cane by a doctor for any reason and require the use of it the day of your hearing, take it with you. 8/28/2013: these are the words of a person defending themselves, doesn’t sound to me like a 3rd party, the use of exclamation marks and capital letters denotes anger, not sympathy, there is also the sentence”…and I agree with the guy!” which appears word for word in my denial letter except replace “him” with “her”. No matter what a person does, a part of their personality comes through whatever they write, you decide whatever you want regarding those comments. I am fed up with dealing in an affair steeped in lies and corruption. My denial was nothing more than retaliation for filing a complaint against him. His denial letter was actually so absurd and poorly written I actually felt sorry for him, it was nothing more than a string of insults. I will not back down, When a man no longer has anything left to lose… these are not criminal proceedings and people with verifiable disabilities or health conditions preventing them from gainful employment or working a full time job should not be treated in this manner. This is an abomination. File complaints with the Virginia ODAR if he mistreats you in any way or misrepresents your case, they can give you the information including a fax number to speed things up. This aggression will not stand, man.

7. CHRISTIAN CHARLES OTTO says:

Since first handling my case the only thing this person has done is lie. In the beginning he attempted to stave off my hearing in a variety of ways including claiming he hadn’t had a chance to read documents and that there was missing documentation, this is a lie every possible shred of relevant medical records were turned in. I then filed a complaint with the office manager Nicole, and informed her of this and she said, “I’ll be sure to tell the judge that.” (9:50 ish am Nov 6th 2015, I recorded the conversation). At my hearing 2 months later Jones wasted 37 minutes on irrelevant conversation regarding the purpose of “false mall walls” and the physics involved in manually moving a 50 gallon drum of flammable viscous liquid. He then proceeded to badger me with the same irrelevant question and ultimately raised his voice at me, pushing me into a full blown anxiety attack rendering me unable to complete my testimony. An hour of my life wasted on an abusive,  arrogant,  condescending person who has been spoon fed his life from a silver platter and got his position through his father’s connections (Google is your friend, firefox your pal, the dark web a godsend). Considering he makes near $200,000 a year with an average of $10,000 a year in raises since taking his current position (public information available online),  people need to wake up and start fighting back, that is taxpayer money in his pocket, he works for us. In my denial letter he misrepresented not only my testimony,  but medical records and the vocational experts testimony. More lies. I recorded the hearing,  there is no way he can deny this. I now have a gentleman in a brand new 2017  (2016?) Dark charcoal grey 4 door sedan following me around taking pictures of me. I could be wrong but I swear it’s him, I have video and photographs to back this up. Something else to think about: There are at least 2 comments on this page that REALLY don’t add up… read closely, then read your denial letters or any other documents written by him. I am fed up with dealing in an affair steeped in lies and corruption. My denial was nothing more than retaliation for filing a complaint against him. His denial letter was actually so absurd and poorly written I actually felt sorry for him. I will not back down, When a man no longer has nothing left to lose…. these are not criminal proceedings and people with verifiable disabilities or health conditions preventing them from gainful employment or working a full time job should not be treated in this manner. This is an abomination. File complaints with the Virginia ODAR if he mistreats you in any way, they can give you the information including a fax number to speed things up. This aggression will not stand, man.

8. Donald SOUTHWELL says:

I went infront of Paul Jones, he ruled against all Doctors, vocational experts, by his own irrational beliefs of fiction and did not rule on factual evidence that was presented, I am still under a doctors care from shoulder surgery last October, it’s been 2 yrs now and now another appeal, although this judge claimed I was 53 in his opinion, actually I am 58, 59 in another month….when you have someone like him deciding on many futures, wonder who he knew to get appointed to that position……what a JOKE , at the TAXPAYER’S expense, something that is supposed to be in place for those who are unable to work ,

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

I had judge jones last week and he was great!! My lawyer and myself were very prepared for our case and were able to have all of my records submitted to him about a week prior to my court date . He was very cordial with us and was never condensing toward me. He came out asking question that I answered quickly and honestly. My case was paid. He comes off as a judge that does not want to see laziness and people trying to get over on the system which from what I hear Is a on going problem in Lansing and any other city or State for that matter. If something is legitimately wrong you go in there and be you!!using a cane or walker if not always the best idea in my opinion unless you use It 100% of the time.My best advise is go in there and be honest and the rest will fall into place ! I would definitely recommend this judge to anybody who gets him!if your sick or injured be honest and don’t embellish it just makes you look stupid on this comment section! Sorry for rambling